Guest pattaya69

pattaya gay hotel

I agree with Vinapu's statement that a review from a member here is worth more than a Trip Advisor review, providing of course the member has a decent track record here. Vinapu most certainly does, considering he's tried a large number of hotels in Silom & has posted here for years.

Firecat may well be right in saying Booking.com is more reliable.  His theory makes sense. Yes, I often do check the reviews there as well. 

Nevertheless, trip advisor has a role to play as well   Just filter out the dubious reviews and read the rest. Hotels that used to be good lose their way and there's no harm in checking recent reviews from popular review sites.

To filter:

Ignore any 100% reviews from people who have 1~2 posts.

Ignore any 0% posts from people who have 1~2 posts.

Ignore any posts from a "Dr Smith" from London who cannot write English properly (etc).

Pay extra attention to the people with about 20 reviews and a plausible past itinerary.

Good advice Z909

Taking the Ambiance reviews on Tripadviser the average score over the years is quite high but some recent ones are unfavourable, (that is not my experience) I think these contributors may have been misled by the Ambiance's own website, which very much exaggerates the standard of the place, particularly the video, which shows lady guests in a room, dining and on the terrace. They are not a common sight in BT hotels!. It would be better if they focused on its attractions for gays which are described in this thread. It's good accommodation for their prices but 5* luxury it ain't. Perhaps the negative contributors are trying to get some revenge for being misled.

Let me put my views on TripAdvisor in context. First it has been years since I have used Trip Advisor for Hotel info in Thailand. After 15 years I know everything I need to know about Hotels in Thailand that I will use.

But I travel all over the world and use Trip Advisor but looking for nuggets in the reviews.

1. Like how easy to get to Hotel from airport.

2.How helpful is the staff on restaurants , sightseeing etc.

3. What kind of job does housekeeping do.

4. If breakfast is included , what is the quality , same for Lounge.

People from different parts of the world have different expectations for Hotel and can either find them favorable or unfavorable when compared to their home country.

I also use Flyertalk which I find very useful for Hotel info.

Guest whall

I agree the video is misleading. I thought it was on a terrace and I could look down at the street and see all the action. It's not the case. I didn't bother me though.

Let me put my views on TripAdvisor in context. First it has been years since I have used Trip Advisor for Hotel info in Thailand. After 15 years I know everything I need to know about Hotels in Thailand that I will use.

But I travel all over the world and use Trip Advisor but looking for nuggets in the reviews.

I know all I need to know about certain hotels. Until something changes, when I don't know enough.

In Bangkok, I stayed at & recommended the Om Yim for years, although it had slipped slightly, within reasonable limits.  Then on my last visit in 2014, there were signs of neglect all round and several items not working in the bathroom.

So after some trip advisor & booking.com research,  I switched to Baan Silom soi 3.

Now the Om Yim has become the Hostel Na Nara.  The photos show redecorated bedrooms, however the place also incorporates several dormitory rooms.  I don't expect to be staying there again.

I agree with Vinapu's statement that a review from a member here is worth more than a Trip Advisor review, providing of course the member has a decent track record here. Vinapu most certainly does, considering he's tried a large number of hotels in Silom & has posted here for years.

thank you but I'd not put much weight to  my hotel recommendations since I'm not very demanding in this area and have high tolerance for the noise  facing multi lane highway at home.

I like to stay in hotels close to places which are important to me at destination hence Silom area  hotels in BKK and Boyztown ones in PTY, this takes precedence over quality of accomodation

Guest gayboy88

Hey all, thanks for your advice. I booked the Baraquada Pattaya...will let you know how I go. Will be there from the 27th - 29th.

I don't generally have that problem in Bangkok because I stay in Hilton or Marriott and the standards have been consistent for 15 years.

Anyone who sticks to hotel brands that they know should be OK most of the time. 

Operating lower down the scale, I'm quite happy to book Ibis hotels in Europe, but still wouldn't go for that in Thailand, as there are loads of good independents with a more convenient location, good quality and sharp pricing.  When I'm taking a longer holiday, the price matters.

Location does not matter to me as far as getting to Soi Twilight at night because Taxis are cheap and if I was still doing Massage Parlors I find Sukhumvit to have many of the good ones in easy walking distance.

But the Big plus for me is I have built up millions of points with Hilton and I stay in their best Hotels for 1400 baht and (12,000 points) per night which mean nothing to me. And for that I always get up graded to an Executive room or suite. Then I get free full breakfast and snacks and drinks all day and light dinner , all for free.

So I never look at the bargain Hotels . The deals in Bangkok happen to be extremely good for Hilton customers who have points to burn. Other places not so good.