Playing Pool on Soi Twilight ?

There is a bar half way along Soi Twilight on the left, which usually has some handsome lads playing pool.  I stroll past & rarely see any farang there.   

I walk slowly by, very much admiring, but thinking all they want to do is enjoy each other's company (fair enough).

Has anyone here ever ventured in ?

Yes, I've been there and always found it a bit ropey and as you allude there is definitely a air of the boys all being there to mix with each other and drink and play pool and that they could care less about farang joining then, even to buy the beer, saying that I've never been made feel "un"welcome there either.

There are also always a few quite rough and ready bottom of the barrel massage guys who sit at the front of the bar and a quite ropey massage rooms upstairs, where certainly some if not all of the downstairs boys are happy to take you to provide their full and wholesome massage "services", but aside from that I can't think of much reason to spend much time in that particular bar myself when visiting Soi Twilight.

From what I have noticed, the bar is a place for the boys to hang out with each other.

And they are relaxing in their own ways.

Many of them are on 'breaks' from other businesses in the soi. Pun there?

So I think NIrishGuy has got it right, though I haven't quite got a clear idea of the meaning of 'ropey'.

Ropey - something akin to somewhere that's maybe a little run down and dilapitated, either in terms of the bad decor, maybe slightly dirty surroundings, or the management, there customers or boys giving you a hard stare for being in their "off duty" bar, somewhere that just feels a little bit "dodgy" perhaps, maybe a little on the edgey side, not somewhere you might feel 100% relaxed, that sort of thing.

I should point out that I two have had several surprisingly good fucks there from two different guys as I'm guessing because it's not one of the main massage joints the guys are more appreciate of your custom, want you to come back and also aren't just as fussy and prissy as some of the queens who work in that Soi and so too just enjoy a good fuck as and when it comes around and when they say they haven't had a customer in a few days it may well be even half true in that bar perhaps.

I've had a couple of massages there in the past. Hit or miss like most of the others. One boy was a very sloppy kisser which was a turn off. The other guy was a very sweet little guy with a huge cock. The showers were fairly dank and the massage was just on a mattress on the floor.

I've often wondered a bit about the whole pool playing thing and whether it's just the guys sitting at the front who are masseurs or if all of the boys in the place are.

I've also had a couple of massages there. I didn't just wander in, as I always saw it as a place where the guys gather to enjoy each other's company.

On both occasions I was sitting opposite having a beer and made eye contact with the guy sitting outside.

If I recall, everything went ok. Both guys were very friendly.

The room I was taken to had a large bed - not a mattress on the floor - and a shower.

I got the impression all the guys were available.

I also had a massage there once when making eyes at a boy while sitting in Dick's cafe.

The boys sitting at the front work there, and are seeking business.

The ones playing pool are relaxing, and from anywhere.

At least, that is my impression.

As I recall, the massage room was OK.

The cold shower less so.

I went to some girl bars with straight friends earlier this week, and one of these bars was a pool bar. Girls play their among themselves, if there aren't any customers, but their goal is to lure guys in and play with them. There and then I thought, actually that would be a nice thing stocked with boys. Just playing a few rounds and getting acquainted, quite a relaxing setup... Seems to work well in these girl bars.

My thoughts about this place (pool on ground floor under X-Size) that I shared elsewhere:

The boys I consider cutest from Bangkok and Bonny Massage and Scorpion bar play pool under X-Size Bar. I have said it before, it’s detrimental for business, a boy who plays pool there does not attract customers to his venue and does not earn money. It might be they had a customer already that day, and at those prices one is all they need and now squander the money?

Another mystery (the first is how they -vietnamese boys at scorpion- make any reasonable money) is why are the cutest boys (by my standards) from the massages and Scorpion bar often in the snooker/pool/billiard hall in the ground floor of X-Size bar? I rarely see Farang in there, a boy who plays snooker there makes no money for himself or for the place that employs him.

Did they have their customer already and now squander the money? A friend suggested all boys there are foreign, they cannot work in a bar but can play snooker (no problem if police raids the soi, but they are available if a customer approaches them). However I would not approach a boy there, it's not my style. (Similar for Sunee, some cute boys playing snooker shirtless.)

http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/boys-hard-nuts-crack-t36436-15.html