Guest thrillbill8

Dontang Jomtien Beach

Guest thrillbill8

--Just came back from Dontang beach today and realized there should be an age limit for men who wear thongs for swimwear. Just as old women over 60 shouldn't be parading around topless; men over 60 shouldn't be parading on Dontang beach in their thongs (do they really think they look hot????... Please, let the ones with nice, firm, smooth cheekies wear the thongs--stick to the Speedos, please. :blink:

Guest Snowkat

Have to agree with you Thrillbill - BTW have you also noticed that these are the very men who also flaunt dyed or bleached hair styles. It brings to mind the old saying about mutton dressed up as lamb ! :lol:

Even worse, however, are the grossly obese farangs who struggle to get into any sort of swimwear (without much success). The sight of geriatric men who are only able to pull the front of their swimwear up as far as the top of their pubics, leaving pounds of fat and flab hanging over the top of the swimwear is appallingly nauseous. Thai boys, by the way, have endless pleasure poking fun at them and making all sorts of rude and unflattering comments in Thai about them. :o

Guest MonkeySee
:) I must agree, Thrillbill that the swimwear on Dontang beach for some men and women are appalling. I think even speedos on some men are just hard to believe. But you know it takes all kinds to make up this wonderful world. Some people can

IPB Image

We fit older men don't worry about the thongs and out of shape bodies. It only makes us look better by contrast. I do bleach my hair grey now to give others a chance and let me get my bus pass without questions being asked.

Guest Pearl69er

Yes maybe they should all wear neck to knee costumes or even better-stay at home ! :(

Give the old codgers a break and let "em flaunt it-you don't have to look. The day we start having the Thong & Hair Police on patrol is when we'll all have to give up.

Live and let live and pray to God you make it that age.

Besides an age limit, how about a weight limit for thongs or speedos? Perhaps wearing one of those would be illegal if one was over a couple of kilotons???

I mean this with some humor - I really don't have anything against the Germans (hmm...I am pretty German myself) or Australians - but there seems to be something in those cultures that encourages

behemouths to wear the skimpiest bathing suits. I've seen speedos that appear to be hiding behind folds (mounds) of flesh that should altogther be avoiding the beach due to a deathly fear of harpoon scars.

Rather disgusting occasionally.

In the movie, Wild In the Streets,* a law was enacted that, everyone, upon reaching age 30, was to be given LSD & placed in a concentration camp in the woods, out of sight.

As I recall, the closing :

'The man' has, spitefully, steped on a little boy's craw dad.

Little boy: "How old are you?"

The Man: "Twenty-nine."

Little Boy: "That's old!!!"

As the man leaves a knowing snear appears on little boy's face.

Some people\cultures believe the elderly have the same right to enjoy air & sunshine as anyone else. Others would have elderly people, or anyone they find unattractive, kept out of sight. Maybe it's comes of not wanting to face the tiger: what they will become in time? In which case; I wonder if some have fun-house mirrors installed all over their homes. (Pots calling kettles? No. Kettles calling other kettles, kettles.)

*1968: Hal Holbrook, Chris Jones, Richard Pryor, Diane Varsi, Shelly Winters.

http://www.geocities.com/wildinthestreets2002/

Guest Trongpai

I have been to quite a few nude beaches and lakes (FKK) in Germany and France and some quite large people show up nude along with old people. Young and fit are few and far between. I like the idea that someone that "unattractive" is so comfortable being nude in public. Then on the other hand I recall having to avert my eyes on more than one occation.

What these people fail to realize (or don't care) is that this is Thailand and such displays are not part of the culture. Go to any Thai beach for Thai people and they are fully dressed. Some ,if they go in the water, do so with all their clothes on. Stange to me and very strange to the nude Euros culture but that's they way it is.

In Bangkok there is some loosing of this Thai aversion to being nude as is evident on some of the nude nights at some of the saunas but it's not spreading like wild flowers yet.

Guest thrillbill8

...I am being a bit sarcastic when I say there "should be a rule against wearing thongs" over a certain age...I just think there are some items a man any age looks good in and doesn't look in -- depending on our body build and other physical features. I know that I look "silly" in rapper clothes with bling, bling--so I don't wear it. I know with my flabby lilly white butt, that a thong doesn't do me justice, but I still look fine in a Speedo. Yes, to each his own...

I still chuckle when a few years back I was on the beach at Mombasa, Kenya...there along the beach were signs telling the sun bathers (women) not to take their tops off.... I couldn't help but think how the Western missionaries 100 years back had forced their moral standards on an African society that saw nothing wrong in going topless. --Now it was wrong.

Guest Snowkat

I still chuckle when a few years back I was on the beach at Mombasa, Kenya...there along the beach were signs telling the sun bathers (women) not to take their tops off.... I couldn't help but think how the Western missionaries 100 years back had forced their moral standards on an African society that saw nothing wrong in going topless. --Now it was wrong.

It is only a few years ago (and maybe the 'law' is still in force) when the police regularly arrested falang women on Dongtan and Jomtien beaches, who were topless, for outraging public decency. The police confiscated the women's handbags and made them go to the police box to have their personal and passport details recorded and to pay a fine (about 2000 Baht) to recover their bags.

Haven't seen this in the last couple of years though!

Guest Pearl69er

"The police confiscated the women's handbags "..yeh thats just a way of getting a new handbag.

" I really don't have anything against the Germans (hmm...I am pretty German myself) or Australians - "..there has just been an Aussie politician who lost an election because he kept doing publicity stunts in his Speedoes..at 50 !

Ok, if you fat slobs want to wear thongs, go ahead...just give me a puke bag. (and I promise I won't wear one). :ninja:

I probably qualify as one of those fat slobs. But I won't wear a thong. I won't even take off my shirt. Whenever I do, people keep trying to help me back into the water. Besides, there are plenty of other ways to get sick in Thailand without my bod contributing to a potential epidemic.