Guest shamahan

Oliver

Guest shamahan

There is a topic on arab terrorism on Gaybutton message board. Leaving aside the fact, that topic has nothing to do with Thailand (unless Gaybutton thinks it has something to do with recent terror act in BKK which only confirms that Gaybutton has zero understanding of Thailand)), there are outrageous anti-semitic posts of so-called Oliver. Oliver is  a pathological anti-semite with bizarre views and banned from even the most liberal online forums in his native UK. I have to say that though discussion over there is totally idiotic (which is typical for Gaybutton message board) other participants seem to do not support blunt bigotry expressed by Oliver. One,of course, argue that within the framework of freedom of speech everything goes. This argument would make some sense if it was not known that the discussed message board is subject to heavy handed censorship especially if the views expressed by a poster do not coincide with those of Gaybutton.

If somebody is curious why I post it here rather than on Gaybutton message board, I do not post there as a matter of principle. IMHO everybody with minimal self-respect should also avoid doing so.

I've never understood that sort of post. If you have a problem with a poster or topic on another forum, you should post your reply OVER THERE. It's a long thread and many different opinions have been exchanged, so add yours by all means - where it belongs. It doesn't do any good to discuss GB threads here and GT threads on GB's forum.

And yes, I'm deliberately ignoring your excuse for not posting there. Because that's what it is.

Guest shamahan

Gaybutton cannot ban anybody, because he does not understand how to do that. It is always possible to sign in to his message board through proxy. This is, by the way, impossible here. Two of the posts above  did not address the issue of blunt bigotry and I can guess only why. Let me repeat it: the discussion on Gaybutton message board is totally idiotic and I have no intention to participate in it. People  over there really have no slightest idea what they are talking about.

Two of the posts above  did not address the issue of blunt bigotry and I can guess only why.

Let me address that, so that you don't need to guess (as far as my post is concerned). You obviously just want to stir up shit here, where it doesn't belong. So there's no point in even looking at potential merits of your case.

It's much like when you file a court case, but do so in the wrong court for whatever reason. Even if you do have a case, the court would still throw it out merely for not having jurisdiction. Which is the equivalent of what I proposed we should do here; it would be unhealthy to discuss posters of another forum on this one.