Guest ronnie4you

Hot Tempers in Thailand?

Guest ronnie4you

You won't find this article in the International New York Times as the printer for the Times removed the article, leaving a blank space.

One thing about the article that was news to me is that military junta actually considered closing the country to outsiders.

You won't find this article in the International New York Times as the printer for the Times removed the article, leaving a blank space.

True, but not for the international edition per se, just for the part printed in and for Thailand (and possibly some neighboring countries as well). The website, however, isn't blocked in Thailand, so anyone who wants to read the article here in Thailand can do so for the time being.

As for the Thai printer, I do actually understand their decision, considering that they are subjected to Thai law. The way the law is applied, publishing this article might well amount to a crime.

Speaking of crime, one non-controversial part of the article that I can confirm from my own experience is that many Thais are now more fearful of crime (theft and robbery in particular) than they used to be.