TotallyOz

A Personal Message from Rob Astbury

Guest Pearl69er

You have to admire the way Astbury's book has taken off and the enormous amount of publicity it has generated.

Now I see the Foxtel cable channel is making a $2M film called "King". There is no doubt none of this would have happened if Astbury hadn't had the courage to "out" himself and his HIV status on Australian radio-not as it's been reported the well known shock-jock Derryn Hinch doing it.

It will be fascinating to see how his bid for a Senate seat in the Australian parliament goes next year.I think he has a very good chance of being elected and he would make wonderful representatiive for the gay & lesbian community. As often happens there-the 2 main parties win almost an equal number of Senate seats leaving the Greens and Independants holding the balance of power. This could put Astbury in the role of being a major deal maker and one of the most powerful men in Aussie political life...a great advantage for gay Australians.

Guest ear wig

Yes your right 69er Rob Astbury is a wonderful sensitive charismatic guy, you could not tell me that on my first meeting with him, we had a boxing match Im ashamed to say in full view of all the Gay Glitterati of Pattaya Gay Festival of the occasion my Boyfriend winning Mr. Gay Pattaya, I was on a table with 12 some well headed people and unfortunately one was talking loud and Rob Quite rightly he thought at the time, stood up and said for this Guy who is not use to People telling him what to do, not me!!! to shut up, from then on a near brawl Started at Bruno's, Restaurant it was he talk of the town for weeks, funny thing a dear mutual Hotel and Bar Owner friend, got us together and I have now only wonderful admiration for this guy, forget any preconceived Ideas you may have of him as a businessman before, he is not only very sensitive to all that touches his life but many guyz * friends he feels he can help with no question of any return.

If you had the chance to get to know this guy forget what you think you know about him, wait till you read his forth cumming autobiography you will see we could not have a more gracious Ambassador for Gay Thailand where his heart is, no matter what dizzy heights he is about to rise to like our Guardian Eagle protecting us from evil. Behind the scene's.

Yes your right 69er Rob Astbury is a wonderful sensitive charismatic guy

Agreed. Knowing him personally, I will say he is kind and gentle and charming. I also know he does many wonderful things behind the scenes in Pattaya for charaties that he does not ask for publicity. He does it for the goodness of his heart. I look forward to reading the Biography and after getting an e-mail from him about some of the contents of the book, I am more excited than ever.

Thanks to LMTU for introducing me to him many trips ago and for a wonderful dinner.