firecat69

Next Year Somewhere New

Firecat, "When I look for info about a location on this Forum, I am looking for information on Boys and Sex.  I think that is what most people on this Forum are looking for."

I too have traveled to a lot of places in the world, but I am sure many of this posters to this forum have gone more places then I have in the world.  Like Firecat, I too spend a lot of time checking out the country (city) before I arrive, but unlike Firecat I get much more information off this and other web sites then just boys and sex.  Yes, hotels and restaurants, but also scams (some worldwide,some unique to Thailand or Phuket, etc), bars, sites and interesting places to visit and see (tks Christian_PFC),and the most important of all, I get information on the people who live here, and often I can make contact with what I think is a kindred sole and get even more up front and personal information.. I learned more about Thailand from meeting Gaybutton and talking with him, then I ever got off any web site.  Also, I  very carefully read all and any warnings about people or places to avoid, and like all the information I obtain, I evaluate the information based on what I think the credibility of the poster who posted said information.  I do not know about others, but to me there is far more to be got from life, and message boards then boys and sex, and I want to know as much as the people who live in the area before I arrive.  I think that these message boards can give you that information, or at the worst, can lead you to someone who can.  .  Not boys and sex only, not in my case.

Not sure we disagree except I do not come to this site for information on Hotels,Restaurants , tourist things etc except maybe long ago for visits to Thailand .

I use many different travel sites for that kind of information and here I hope to find information on Gay Clubs, Boys, Massage etc etc etc.. Most importantly personal experience by posters whose info I would have a reason to trust such as Irish.

There have been enough positive comments on the Clubs, Boys etc both here and on Sawatdee that I have no reason not to move ahead with my plans to spend a good part of my next trip in Bali.

Not to say I might not get a nugget of information on other things besides Boys , just that probably I will have already found that information before I ever post here.

Firecat, as I wrote on another forum, I found Bali hard work compared to Thailand - what place isn't? - but you're an old hand at this game and would have no trouble finding suitable companions. Like Nirish, you probably have the golden touch, which I don't. Plus, you are both adept at using the social media apps to find hook-ups, which I'm not.

I'm looking forward to your reports as I'm interested to see if your experiences are closer to mine or Nirish 's. I think I already know the answer.

Enjoy!

There is no doubt I have embraced the Social Media Apps and I have already come to the conclusion that finding willing partners will be easy.  Since I plan on renting a Villa with a private pool , I expect that I will spend a lot more long times then I ever do in Pattaya.

The fact that I have had coherent conversations with a number of boys on Hornet etc leads me to look forward to having an intelligent conversation in bed after the deed. This is something that is rare in Thailand .

I don't drink so it will be interesting to see the shows in Mixwells, Bali Joes etc but it is likely I will not spend that many nights in the Bars.  Certainly I will look forward to some of the sightseeing available and again having a companion who I can enjoy the sights with , is likely to make it even better.

I still remember how much work it was even 15 years ago finding Boys in Amsterdam etc.  Now in the last 5 years , Amsterdam, Barcelona, Madrid, Warsaw, Kracow , Prague, Budapest , Hanoi,HongKong,KL etc , I have found it so easy to find cute companions on sites such as Hornet and Jack'd.

Funny thing I rarely bother with Grindr anymore, there are far better sites in the last couple of years.

1.   2 days before arrival booked through Agoda room with A/C in small hotel close to airport due to late night landing. Cost twice of fan cooled room, 490000 vs. 250000. Room did not have A/C unit but at least had hole in the wall where unit once was.  Spider web inside looked older than 2 days  

2. In the morning hearing commotion over breakfast which was supposed to be included in price but hotel demanded payment from that guest. Not sure who was right , by time I came to the table it was settled and my breakfast was free.

I hope you posted reviews on Agoda and Trip Advisor.  The hotel might have treated you and the other guest badly, however reviews would allow other customers to make an informed decision. Such information sharing also tends to improve the quality of hotels.

The overall attitude towards tourists seems much better in Thailand.  

Why I never use Agoda.  Most of the time you make deposit or pay in advance and reviews can be worthless. On Booking.com rarely do you have to give anything for a deposit and the only reviews are from members who checked out of Hotel.  Much more valuable!! I post regularly on Trip Advisor but recognize they do nothing to make sure I actually stayed at the Hotel.  Thus I take reviews on Trip Advisor with at least some suspicion.

Your last comment about attitude towards tourists could be true I suppose but certainly 1 posters experience with a Budget Hotel does not lead me to that conclusion.

I can find many posts here about Budget Hotels in BKK where the room was filthy, toilet did not work , maid service was useless etc .  That hardly means that the overall attitude towards tourists is bad?

Just for fun I just looked for Seminyak for Hotels priced up to $55 US per night.

Out of 94 Hotels 88 got reviews from Good to Wonderful.  That would hardly lead me to believe that attitude towards tourists is bad.

Of course anyone can have a bad experience and I certainly have , yet it has to be considered in context with the overall experience assuming that experience was long enough.

I still remember my first trip to Budapest.  Ripped off 3 times in a row by taxi drivers. I was certainly not happy about it but managed to find a way to minimize dealing with thief's and Budapest continues to be one of my favorite European Cities.