paulsf

Bangkok for Sept.

Guest steve888sg

Montien hotel don't allowed visitors. it's old and most things not working. My first night my room blackout, take shower late in the night no hot water, ask for kettle they want to charge SG $12 per day and breakfast buffet cost abt SG $30.

Montien hotel don't allowed visitors.

thank you for warning, either you need to change hotels or use short time room at BBB Inn or Suriwing hotel for your  meetings.

Even better , go to massage place like Bonny or Bangkok Massage  not to mention Hero etc   and you will have everything in the house

Tourist visa is 60 days + 30 days extensions for 1900 Baht.

From the Total Thai Embassy in London:

Visa Fees

Visa Type Fee (£)

1. Tourist (single entry, double entries, triple entries) 25/50/75

2. Transit (single entry, double entries, triple entries) 20/40/60

3. Non-Immigrant (3 Month/ Single Entry) 50.00

4. Non-Immigrant (1 Year/ Multiple Entries) 125.00

5. Non-Immigrant (3 Year/ Multiple Entries) 250.00

6. Non-Immigrant O-A (3 Month/ Single Entry) 50.00

7. Non-Immigrant O-A (1 Year/ Multiple Entries)

I would suggest that a GENUINE tourist has no need to do visa runs.

Montien hotel don't allowed visitors. it's old and most things not working. My first night my room blackout, take shower late in the night no hot water, ask for kettle they want to charge SG $12 per day and breakfast buffet cost abt SG $30.

so if you want to have fun with a boy, just go to Surawong Hotel opposite Montien or BBB-Inn around the corner on Rama 4 for a short time room (something like 4 hours for 500 or 600 Baht)

edit: oh, didn't read before posting, vinapu posted the same already haha

Guest abang1961

If my memory serves me correctly, Montien is a built in the 70s hotel.

I stayed there in the 80s and never again..

Well, you can always cancel the rest of your bookings and check out the hotels available through agoda/trivago/booking...

When I started this post back in Sept, I mentioned changes at the airport arrival process. phone numbers wanted on landing card and screening luggage leaving. several people arriving around the same time said they saw none of this. Well I arrived last night (Oct 27)

Short trip this time. They again asked for phone numbers. They had 2 girls screening the line at immigration. Handed me a pen and said "phone number please". Then when I was being processed the agent asked me to take my glasses off for picture. That was a first. No baggage screening leaving terminal. I had fast trac pass, but didn't need it. Went to regular lines and only 2 people in front of me. Was thru in less than 5 minutes. One of the better airport arrivals I've had in a while.

Nobody at taxi line. Driver used meter, highway and fee was 375. Off plane to my apt in 1 hour.

I finally made it to Hero last night.(nov 2) I have a boy that I always see there. I gave him a call to see if he was working and he was.

There appeard to be about 25 boys working. It was a slow night. My friend said I was first customer. So lots of interest in me as I arrived. My friend saw me come in and quickly rescued me. Off we went for a fun time. This boy doesn't really have any limits, so I always get what I want. Which isn't really a lot compared to many of you. But good kisser and I like that.

When leaving I decided to try Uber. I use it in the US all the time, but never tried it here. I have some mobility problems so walking to BTS doesn't happen. Plugged the address into the ap. Said arrival in 10 minutes. This was at 7pm, still lots of traffic.

In 10 minutes car showed up. Young girl driver in a Yaris. Not a word of English. Drove me straight to my apt way down on Suriwong.

It was nice to go from Hero to home, without getting all sweaty getting there. Cost was 133. This was dynamic pricing because of heavy traffic and few uber cares available. Said fare would be 80 if regular fare.