thailandone3

Help me plan my trip! Pattaya vs Bangkok

Do you have experience with the 3 hotels located right in boyztown?

Ambiance, Copa and i think Le cafe royale

I, for one , always stay in LeCafe Royale. A/c and safe in the room working, no insects in sight, rooms on smaller side but I don't rollerblade in the room, invoices also on smaller side which I like the most.

Some people are complaining about hard mattresses but they must know something I don't.

Firecat is right that in Boyztown everybody knows your business but  will they really care? Do you?

my apologies but this is what I reported  right after arrival there in my "Off to Thailand-November 2013" thread

My first impression when there first time in Nov 2013 was plenty of sad and lonely old farangs wandering or sitting aimlessly.

vinapu, first impressions can be misleading;  haven't you heard of the "walking dead" ?  Those are who you likely saw, not the lively gay blades and blokes who saunter the sois of Sunee, Boyztown and Jomtien .

My first impression when there first time in Nov 2013 was plenty of sad and lonely old farangs wandering or sitting aimlessly.

vinapu, first impressions can be misleading;  haven't you heard of the "walking dead" ?  Those are who you likely saw, not the lively gay blades and blokes who saunter the sois of Sunee, Boyztown and Jomtien .

not disputing it but judging by Pattaya reputation I was expecting to see merry girls everywhere and I saw grumpy boys instead and this was before I even arrived at Dolphin roundabout

Depends on what "decent" means to you. I personally wouldn't want to stay in one of the three hotels located diretly in Boyztown. You can't get to sleep there without earplugs before Boyztown closes down for the night.

Look at "Twoguys Guesthouse" on Soi Yensabai (or their neighbour Kingfisher) if you look for something clean and cheap. They are around the Corner from the Austrian/German consulate and 5 minutes walk from Sunee Plaza. More upmarket is the Barraquda on 2nd road, across the road from a Marriott, in case you want to splurge on your room. Both are Walking distance to Boyztown.