Travellerdave

Back Again in Pattaya

Yes I wish I had visited Maya earlier during my trip, because Im on my way home now, not to return till probably January.

I like the sound of Biguyby's tall fem boy but I would choose the Myanmar boy again. I wish I had asked him to spend the night with me - maybe he would maybe not. He said he was new to Pattaya so maybe he would not be ready to have sex in bed with a farang.

Glad you enjoyed your holiday TD I understand what you mean about being the only punter in a bar it can be quite intimidating.

I will be there mid October and I am really looking forward to it, 'seems such a long time since I left in June.

Guest abang1961

Me too... but just for a day..10 Nov 2015 ...at the Welcome Plaza Hotel.

Just walking distance from BT and Sunee

Bringing my friend's family along ..

I guess the typical Tiffany show will suffice ..

Plus, I intend to throw in a Ko Larn trip before we head for Bangkok..

With arrival one day, stay one night, departure other day, how do you fit in Koh Larn?

If you like beach it is a good idea; if you want some culture, I recommend Koh Si Chang instead, which is on the way (off the coast of Sri Ratcha) from Pattaya to Bangkok and has former royal palace grounds (Vinmanmek mansion used to be there) with park and famous Chinese temple and is less touristy.

(I will travel to Koh Larn again some day to check if I missed something when I went around 2011, or if my assessment that Koh Larn's fame is only in being off the coast of Pattaya was correct.)

I have been going to Pattaya since 1990 and still never made it to Koh Larn. In the past until around 2006 the ferries sailed to the Island from the old pier near to the sewage plant which would have made the trip easier for me, now having to get to Bali Hai Pier for the ferry I can't see me ever making the trip.

Find a friend to share the cost, invite some boys and take speedboat. If you can go to beach and walk in water , you can take boat. Then you get to go to more private beach with beautiful clear water.

Boys love it and you can tell them lunch and swimming. No money just nice day. You can take from Beach Rd or Jomtien Beach.

Good trip on reflection without any problems. Didn't like Pats being so quiet in general and in gay areas in particular. I don't Like being in a bar as the only customer !

Thanks for taking to time to post your trip experiences. I am due in Thailand in a few days and Pattaya will be part of it, so it's nice to get recent/current updates. I mainly visit in low season months, by chance rather than deliberate, and I am happy to be there no matter the month, season, quiet/busy. Have to agree that I prefer not to be the only customer in a bar, apart from the intensity of so many eyes looking in your direction (which I can put up with!) it's really not that much fun.

But I never just look into a bar to see if it is busy first, I always just enter, sit for a drink and see the lay of the land, all it means is I find myself drinking quicker than I like and moving on elsewhere. No big deal but I also prefer a busy bar with other customers.

Nice also to get updates on massage shops, my last trip in June I used them more than previous trips, especially for foot/neck/head massages and it added to the enjoyment of my stay in Pattaya.

Glad your trip was successful.

It's quite difficult to get an impression of a closed bar from the outside as the door men are reluctant to let you have a good look. I want to see the boys available and the general atmosphere (don't like it empty). Thus I enter and buy a drink even if my impression is negative. I'm too polite just to walk out - I suppose I'm old style English.

Towards the end of my trip I was reasonably familiar with most of the gogo's but early on I wasn't, despite visiting most during my March trip ( they change a lot in 5 months). Hence I bought a few soda's at gogo's where I wished I had not entered. I do also take note of reports on this forum, but as we all know things can change from evening to evening.

Regarding Koh Larn I have been several times and in fact went in March via Bali Hi Pier where the fare was I think 30 baht.

I had retained a boy for two nights and took him and his friend for the day.

Some boats go to the village and some to a big beach, which is a bit crowded with Chinese tour groups. I head to Nual beach which is about 2 miles from the village (where there are a few restaurants and a 7-11) Rather than walk I hired a motor bike at 300 baht and rode there 3 up. At Nual the beach is not as good but its quieter and there is a colony of monkeys to amuse you.

Chairs and umbrellas are available. We had a fish for lunch and drank a few beers.

I got a few "looks" from other people due to me being with 2 boys and fooling about with them in the water, but that is something we have to live with, in the same way that hetro,s have when accompanied by girls many years younger.

A few years ago you would probably felt like Robinson Carusoe but not now - huge numbers visit and the Russians used to be there in force.

Reflecting on my three week trip, it was enjoyable in a certain way. I behaved throughout as a typical gay sex tourist. I slept with I think with seven separate boys (or was it eight ? Can't remember) I obtained from GR , bars and the gay beach, and several more short time. I had Maybe five massages and visited Samsuck Sauna twice for liaisons in the dark maze. I never was drunk but consumed an average of four beers each day, which is not good, taking a toll on my health. I'm still in jet lag six days after returning. Deep down I think I am ashamed of this way of life, which we in the West can indulge in because of our relative affluence.

I'm hoping to go back in the new year for a couple of months and feel that I don't want to repeat the above performance taking me closer to an early grave. I practice safe sex ( I'm more bottom ) but there are still risks and I'm playing Russian Roulette. And yet the attraction of Asian boys remains.

A different type of trip I believe is called for. Probably I could find an attractive boyfriend to live with me for the duration and pay him a retainer. I did meet a gay in his late 50's who had done just that and I was very taken with his young boyfriend. I think I could travel a bit with him to get to know more of the country than I did this time which was a couple of miles radius of Boystown. But it would have to be an educated one that I could relate to and spend more time with than just romping in bed, not the typical Pattaya money boy.

Guest shamahan

A different type of trip I believe is called for. Probably I could find an attractive boyfriend to live with me for the duration and pay him a retainer. I did meet a gay in his late 50's who had done just that and I was very taken with his young boyfriend. I think I could travel a bit with him to get to know more of the country than I did this time which was a couple of miles radius of Boystown. But it would have to be an educated one that I could relate to and spend more time with than just romping in bed, not the typical Pattaya money boy.

A typical Thai young man spends his time sleeping, playing games on his mobile phone and going out (i.e. going to club drinking etc). Some ,of course, have to work for living. Your best hope is to find a quiet one who at least does not like to go out much. And that is as good as it gets...

Guest Prakanong

But it would have to be an educated one that I could relate to and spend more time with than just romping in bed, not the typical Pattaya money boy.

Some Pattaya boys are educated or least have completed secondary education or have university degrees.  Whether you can relate to a Thai guy would depend on not so much his education but whether you have compatible backgrounds and interests.

You might be interested to know that young, educated and motivated Thai men are likely to have a full time jobs and you'd have to plan your holidays around their vacation time if they are interested in your plans.  Our labour laws are not very generous and an employed person in their 20s would be lucky to get 7 days of annual leave.

OTOH, there are plenty of young and not-so-young Thai guys online, in Silom Soi 4 and beer bars all over the country who seem to have plenty of time to entertain foreign visitors for extended periods of time.  Many are educated and speak good English and should be able to accommodate you.  They all swear that they are not money-boys even though they have no visible means of income.  However, it might be worth your while to dig deeper into their backgrounds should you want to extend the 'relationship' beyond your three-week holiday romance.

Gay tour guides are also a good option.  Make sure you get a licensed one.  Whether their services include sex or not is something you'd have to work out for yourself but I'd tread carefully.  Anyway, sex is the last thing you'd have to worry about in LOS (Land of Sex).  You can get it on every street corner, literally.