steveboy

Opinions about BKK saunas used nearly exclusively by locals

The saunas typically frequented by visitors, like Babylon, Chakran, Sauna Mania, R3,  have plenty of comments, reviews.  But others, a little further away from the gay scene and frequented nearly exclusively by local gays seem to shy away from tourism and keep to themselves, and it is rare to find comments about them.

For example, east on the Ramhamhaeng area is DejaVu with their fucking staff,  the spooky Farose II, and the remote  Muffill.  While north on Ratchayothin is Cruising with its mask parties and what not.

Being a Caucasian visitor, I would like to exchange information about these places with whichever adventurous foreigner who had some experiences there, the good and the bad. 

After reading about the sauna DejaVu, including the reviews by Christian FPC,  I decided to be venturous and make a visit to this place on their event on Thursdays.  I took the MRT to the Latprao station, then took one of the buses that runs along this long Latprao street, counting the elevated overpasses (which I had researched on Google Earth) to exit the bus close to the soi 122.  I got there at 7PM and checked in with the nice attendant that spoke good English.  This was a nude night, and I went on exploration through the multiple levels, pondering the local flesh.  Soon I found my place among other bodies who congregated to be part of the fucking event by the nude staff.  I found this very exciting, and I was practically the only farang among the local thais (and maybe other Asians that I could not identify).  I got in this mini-orgy twice at two different places.  I found nothing special among the local guests except the staff, who I simply fondled to my content, but most were attractive with few ugly bodies. I paired twice with local gays and had the satisfaction to do what I came to do there.  I left close to 11 PM to take back the bus and MTR before they stopped for the night and returned to Babylon for a well deserved night of sleep.

On the next Thursday I made a similar visit, this time with a pal from the Babylon barracks, and we took the MTR to Petchabury, and from there the Khlong boat to the Saphan Mit pier (as researched on transitbangkok.com, and we walked along soi 122 all the way to Dejavu (a good libido enhancing exercise).  The experience was similar to my first one, and we returned by bus along the Latprao road, since the Klong boats stop in the early evening.  My pal was well impressed with the experience, as was I,  and Dejavu is now on my list of saunas to visit regularly on Thursdays.

http://www.travelgayasia.com/bangkok-gay-saunas/

has up-to-date information of gay saunas in Bangkok, often with reader's comments.

Although currently only 17 saunas out of 24 I know are on their list.

Thank you Christian,  This is a good website, I think the most informative about gay BKK today. 

I have followed it for several years and I posted various reviews there. 

While there are plenty of reviews of the popular saunas, they are quite scarce for the local out-of-the-way saunas.  But this is to be expected.

What I am surprised is to find that the famous site  utopia-asia.com , so useful many years ago, is now just a skeleton of its earlier self.  Few or no reviews, no updates.  I tried some time ago to post a review there, but I couldn't figure out how to do that anymore.  Maybe this is why there are no reviews there...

Thanks for the report.

Counting the overpasses -this sounds like good old fashioned navigating from the pre-GPS smartphone days.

Was this a conscious decision not to take your phone to the sauna?  Or are you one of the admirable late/non adopters?

I tend to assume what is put in my locker stays in my locker.

Thanks for the report.

Counting the overpasses -this sounds like good old fashioned navigating from the pre-GPS smartphone days.

Was this a conscious decision not to take your phone to the sauna?  Or are you one of the admirable late/non adopters?

I tend to assume what is put in my locker stays in my locker.

This was a few years ago before I got a smartphone.  At that time my sophisticated navigation instrument was a tiny compass, which allowed me to get oriented when coming out of a metro station for example.  I still carry the compass with me and I don't have to recharge it.   Now the GPS tells me where I am, even if I have to hold it against a window in a bus.