TotallyOz

Feds Rate Travelers for Terrorism

"what kind of meal they ordered"

I would be interested to know how this one is deciphered! I usually fly coach on JAL and I have a choice of mushy chicken with unknown veggies or mushy beef with unknown veggies for dinner and for breakfast I can have the famous scrambled eggs with unknown veggies or some Japanese soup with peas. But just to be on the safe side for any tsa employees here on the forum, I am not going to mention my choices.

And now that I am thinking of it, even when I have enought points to bump to business, and have a few more choices, I never see the flight attendants taking notes...they are usually busy enough just trying to serve everbody.

Guest Pearl69er

This has been going on the the past 3 years and I've heard endless horror stories from friends being stopped by US customs and immigration. If people think they won't use the old "terrorism" excuse to harass single gay men travelling to Asian countries they have rocks in their head.

Even worse-if you look at those imposing the rules and their probable intelligence quotent it is a real worry. US customs can be the rudest on this planet which is sad because you also meet the most wonderful people in that country.

This has been going on the the past 3 years and I've heard endless horror stories from friends being stopped by US customs and immigration. If people think they won't use the old "terrorism" excuse to harass single gay men travelling to Asian countries they have rocks in their head.

Even worse-if you look at those imposing the rules and their probable intelligence quotent it is a real worry. US customs can be the rudest on this planet which is sad because you also meet the most wonderful people in that country.

Well Said. I totally agree with you here. Probably the rudest Customs I ever encountered in my life but worth to deal with it , cause once you are in the US, you meet wonderful people...

Guest Snowkat

I would be interested to know how this one is deciphered!

I assume the reason for asking what type of meal was ordered could be that they are looking to see if Halal food was ordered (especially on a non-arab airline). This info would contribute to an overall picture of the person.

(BTW - I am NOT condoning the policy or practices of US Customs or Immigration).

May be if you pre-order a meal before you get to fly helps them to know what type of person you are ?

Humm... let's see... :

Vegetarian ? = Crazy

Fruit Platter? = Really Crazy

Anti McDonald ? = Stay away from the States

:ninja:

Just for the record...

I returned home to San Francisco 2 weeks ago. I was NOT stopped at customs even though I had a camera, camcorder AND laptop. The only thing I was asked was how long I was in Thailand (2 weeks) and what was the purpose of my visit. I almost blew it when I said "Pleasure" :o

I then quickly added "Tourism" :blush:

The lady customs agent just waved me on......

The lady customs agent just waved me on......

Maybe whatever kind of profile they look for, you don't fit it.

I like the idea that they are going to keep records of what kind of meals people order. That's certain to be a key factor in sparing us all another 9-11. Do you realize that somebody must actually have been at work one day and came up with that one?

"Hey, Ed. I've got a great idea. Let's start keeping track of what people order to eat when they fly. Huh? What do you think?"

"Excellent, Phil. That's a brilliant idea. Whatever they're paying you, it's not enough. That's going to be of enormous help in stopping the terrorists. Boy! When we hired you we certainly got the right guy. Remind me to put your name in for a medal. This might save hundreds, perhaps thousands, of lives. Let's get the ball rolling on this one today. The rest of you . . . you need to start coming up with wonderful ideas like this too. Say, that gives me another good idea. Maybe some of these people are clever enough not to order a special meal. My idea is hidden cameras in the lavatories. That way, when we see somebody middle eastern looking take a dump, then we can collect and inspect their turds to see what they have really been eating. What do you think? How come nobody else thought of that? This is so exciting."

Your Tax Dollar at Work

I think I'll order a liver with fava beans and a nice chianti . . . and a side of hummus.

Guest ear wig

If you want to know what rudeness is try El Al Israeli Airlines, they treat you as if your about to blow them up and Im sure the way they carry on in the world they have every right to assume you hate them.

But I must say if you have nothing to worry about legally you feel very safe with them they profile interview you in amazing depth before boarding, must be the most complete security process in the world but very obtrusive, I think if every airline did this they would never have a terrorist problem again in the world some countries are so laxed, I was in the States recently and they were taking Arab looking ladies away with babies to strip search them, customs even cut open there Luggage there as we all looked in amazement.

When you see Isreal is only a dot on the world map and the damage it can do if they dont get there way, its unbelievable really, but considering New York is the capital of Israel may be G.W Bush will let them have a big bang in Iran soon to let him leave the White House with him going down in history for something positive, rather then the mess he is leaving now.

The funniest thing or frightening was when we were about to land all the fanatical Israelis started to chant and wale and throwing there heads from side to side as though they were in a mental hospital, Im sure I would be if I had to learn from the holy book as they do and know every page cant be good for any child to have that type of pressure at such an early age.

One time a lovely Arab family sat next to me. They did not eat the airline food; had brought a huge bag of food of their own. The liitle boy hit it like he'd not eaten in a week! And when the plane started down all that food came rushing up! All over his poor sister! With today's restrictions, however, I suppose the nosh-bag would be dumped at luggage inspection.

Maybe if you don't eat your road-kill & mushy peas they record seat numbers?

But there is a Kosher meal. Maybe that's the 'tip off'?

If you get stuck next to a seat-hog, by all means eat the sulfurous eggs; then let `er rip! :rolleyes::unsure: Just be careful you don't get a surprise! (Surprise=flatulence with a 'lump' in it.)

Order the fruit plate, since they are nice enough to provide us (Fruits) with a meal of our very own. Just remember it would be a give-away if one is still in the closet.